Do you need solutions for some of the most challenging situations a property manager faces on a day to day basis? The REIQ’s upcoming Practical PM Day is all about giving you more confidence in your career, so that you can tackle the common and not so common problems that arise in property management.
Here are five reasons why you and your property management team need to attend the upcoming Practical PM Day on August 9.
- How many properties can one property manager manage? Hear from highly respected property managers and business owners, Katie Knight and Laura Valenti as to what they believe is the magic number. Wondering what system works best in property management? Katie and Laura will also share what they have learnt works best for them, and Katie will explain the reasons why she went from a task based management system to a hybrid system.
- Stigmatised property (death, meth labs and more) – what do you need to disclose? What do you need to disclose to a prospective tenant and what does an owner need to do to have the property forensically cleaned? A representative of the Office of Fair Trading and Peter Lynch, Aon Risk Services, will give you the answers to these questions and more.
- Learn how to tackle complex health and safety issues in property management. Property managers deal with highly emotive situations every day. Hear from the experts about the warning signs you need to look out for if you, your team or colleagues are at risk of mental health issues.
- Legislation – sort fact from fiction. The RTA will provide the answers to the 10 questions property managers most commonly ask, the Body Corporate Commissioner will explain the owner and tenant rights in relation to maintenance, pets and noise plus much more. Sean Roberts, REIQ Legal Counsel, will round out the session with an update on the RTRA Act review and other important legislative hot topics.
- Is it time to conquer that feeling of being overwhelmed all the time? Perhaps you are also looking for inspiration to take your career to the next level? Keynote speaker, REIQ CEO Antonia Mercorella will conclude the day with an energetic and powerful presentation sharing her thoughts on resilience, the illusive work/life balance and the strategies she uses to reset when she needs to push through those tough days.